- 14. Juli 2017
Hamburg set to host the next Digital Ship Maritime Cyber Resilience Forum on 10 OctoberIn this information era of the connected ship, the cyber threat is growing across all sectors. With the shipping industry's increasing reliance on technology and remote monitoring, maritime cyber security is no longer optional, but is business-critical.
How many companies are ready to tackle the cyber challenge? And how resilient are they? Whilst the risk is real, it can be mitigated, and how quickly and robustly a company can respond to this challenge will depend on how ready and determined they are, and on whether they are planning to invest in cyber preparedness.
Are we witnessing a new security paradigm, where the focus is on prevention rather than simply relying on reaction? Ship operators need to be confident that their procedures can deal with ever bigger and more sophisticated cyber-attacks and that that they are developing a safe, dependable, cyber capability in shipping.
Building on the resounding success of the Maritime Cyber Resilience Forums held in Rotterdam and Athens earlier this year, Digital Ship’s Maritime Cyber Resilience Forum Hamburg will contain plenary presentations and panel discussions debating the following:
1. Facing the Cyber Threat: An Overview of Maritime Cyber Challenges and Focus on Building Resilience
2. Business Planning and Cyber Preparedness
3. New Developments in Maritime Cyber Regulations and Guidelines
4. Training, Awareness and Human Factors
5. Are We Cyber Ready? Conclusions and Actions
This Forum will bring advisors, end-users, technology providers and policy makers together, aiming to
• Understand, define and assess the threats and risk of maritime cyber-attack
• Raise awareness of cyber security and risk issues and identify increased cooperation and information sharing mechanisms
• Discuss appropriate regulation and guidelines for clearer standards throughout the industry, and with authorities
The event will include networking opportunities and a Post-Conference Reception on 10 October
Date: Tuesday, 10 October 2017
About Digital Ship
For 17 years Digital Ship magazine has provided the digital community of the world's maritime industry with the latest news and developments, including satellite communications, software, navigation, vessel efficiency, cyber security, big data and analytics, to help keep shipping operating with maximum safety, efficiency and crew comfort.