- 15. September 2017
- Shipping News
First speakers announced for Maritime Cyber Resilience Forum Hamburg on 10 OctoberThe cyber threat is growing across all sectors, and in this information era of the connected ship, and with the shipping sector’s increasing reliance on technology and remote monitoring, maritime cyber security is no longer optional, but is business-critical.
But how many companies are ready to tackle the cyber challenge? And how resilient are they? Whilst the risk is real, it can be mitigated, but how quickly and robustly a company can respond to this challenge will depend on how ready and determined they are – and also on whether they are planning to invest in cyber preparedness. Are we witnessing a new security paradigm, where the focus is on prevention rather than simply relying on reaction? Ship operators need to be confident that their procedures can deal with ever bigger and more sophisticated cyber-attacks and that that they are developing a safe, dependable, cyber capability in shipping.
First confirmed speakers include:
• Oksana Näser, Group IT - Maritime Business Solutions, Manager IT, Rickmers Holding AG
• Patrick Decool, New Products Director, Product Program & Planning, Marlink
• Svend Lykke Larsen, Sales & Business Development Director, Europe, Palantir AS
• Jordan Wylie, Campaign Founder, Be Cyber Aware at Sea
• Giampiero Soncini, Director – Maritime, Volaris Group
• Jeff Greer, Vice President, Operations, KVH
• Joseph A. Walsh II, Partner, Clyde & Co US LLP
• Roel Van Rijsewijk, Senior Fellow, Deloitte's Center for the Edge EMEA
• Dallas Kasaboski, Analyst, Market Research, and Consulting, Northern Sky Research, NSR
• Lisa Forte, Cyber Security Advisor, South West Police Cyber Crime Unit (UK)
• Dana Jongens, Manager Safety Services, Maritime, Inmarsat
Building on the great success of the Maritime Cyber Resilience Forums in Rotterdam in January and Athens in April, the 5 key sessions during Digital Ship’s Maritime Cyber Resilience Forum Hamburg will contain plenary presentations and panel discussions covering the following key topics:
• Facing the Cyber Threat: An Overview of Maritime Cyber Challenges and Focus on Building Resilience
• Business Planning and Cyber Preparedness
• New Developments in Maritime Cyber Regulations and Guidelines
• Training, Awareness and the Human Element
• Viewpoint: Are We Cyber Ready? Conclusions and Actions
Please see https://www.hamburg.thedigitalship.com/ for more details.
Phone: + 44 7956 965 857