- 22. Juni 2017
Dr. Rüdiger Grube new Chairman of HHLA's Supervisory BoardAt its constitutive meeting on 21 June 2017, the Supervisory Board of Hamburger Hafen und Logistik AG (HHLA) appointed Dr. Rüdiger Grube as its new Chairman. Dr. Grube thus succeeds Prof. Dr. Peer Witten, who has retired from the Supervisory Board. The Supervisory Board has appointed Berthold Bose, Chairman of ver.di district Hamburg as its Vice Chairman.
Following the appointment of employee representatives last week and the appointment by the shareholders at the Annual General Meeting on 21 June 2017, the composition of HHLA’s new Supervisory Board is as follows:
- Dr. Rüdiger Grube, Chairman, Former CEO of Deutsche Bahn AG
- Berthold Bose, Vice Chairman, Chairman of ver.di district Hamburg
- Petra Bödeker-Schoemann, Managing Director of HGV Hamburger Gesellschaft für Vermögens- und Beteiligungsmanagement mbH
- Dr. Rolf Bösinger, State Secretary at the Ministry for Economy, Transport and Innovation of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg
- Dr. Norbert Kloppenburg, Member of the Executiv Board of KfW-Bankengruppe
- Thomas Lütje, Director of Sales at HHLA
- Thomas Mendrzik, Chairman of the works council of CTA
- Norbert Paulsen, Chairman of the joint works council of HHLA
- Sonja Petersen, Commercial Clerk at CTB
- Dr. Sibylle Roggencamp, Head of the Office for Asset and Investment Management at the Ministry of Finance of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg
- Maya Schwiegershausen-Güth, Trade Union Secretary ver.di Germany
- Michael Westhagemann, CEO Region North, Siemens AG
Rüdiger Grube was born in 1951 in Hamburg and grew up in the district of Moorburg. After training as a metal aircraft constructor, he studied aircraft construction and flight engineering in Hamburg. He subsequently completed another degree in vocational and economic pedagogy in Hamburg and obtained a PhD in 1986 from the University of Kassel.
Dr. Grube began his career at Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm GmbH. Subsequently, he moved to Deutsche Airbus GmbH. From 1992 to 1996, Dr. Grube held managerial positions of responsibility at Deutsche Aerospace AG, which was renamed Daimler-Benz Aerospace AG in 1995. Aside from a short interlude, Dr. Grube remained at the Daimler Group until 2009. He initially held the position of Senior Vice President and Head of Group Strategy. In 2001, he was appointed to the Executive Board, where he was responsible for Group Development, Mergers & Acquisitions, Information Technology and Equity Holdings. From 2004 onwards, he was also responsible for the Group’s North Asia activities.
Between 2009 and January 2017, Dr. Grube was CEO of Deutsche Bahn AG. Dr. Grube lives in Hamburg.
Photos are available for download on: Current Press Photos