Innovationsstandort Norddeutschland – Zukunftskonferenz für Industrie, Logistik und Häfen
8 November 2018
Ingenieurwerk, Georg-Wilhelm-Straße 187, 21107 Hamburg
Hamburg’s First Mayor opens the conference.
Experts discuss and present the following topics:
- Hamburg and its metropolitan region seen from the outside
- Port meets industry – innovation and investment for the future
- Northern German energy system transformation NEW 4.0
- Innovation in the chemical industry
- Hamburg’s digitisation strategy
- Future potentials for Hamburg and the metropolitan region
The conference will be held in German, only.
- 50 Year Anniversary of the Container in the Port of Hamburg
In 1968 the first container ship entered the Port of Hamburg. Back then nobody would have guessed that these mundane steel boxes would revolutionize merchant shipping more than any other technology before. Today containers are the basis of global merchant shipping. This episode of smartPORT TV recounts 50 years of history of the colorful box.more