European Intermodal Logistics 2018
Shaping the Future
Nowadays the intermodal transportation market offers its players a wide range of options, both strategic and technical. At the same time multimodal segment sets up new challenges for short sea shipping, European transport corridors and IT solutions. Which steps are to be made by the policy makers and business to overcome the negative trends in the segment? All these are just a small part of the European intermodal freight market perspectives in the upcoming near future.
The program of the international conference “European Intermodal Logistics 2018” focuses on the key aspects of sea transport, railway and road carriage in Europe. Among the key issues are:
- A sea port’s role in facilitating the modal shift.
- Railway transportation perspectives at the crossroads with heavy goods vehicles.
- Logistic compatibility between transport modes; transparency of tariffs and transportation door-to-door.
- Today’s main targets for the future in the multimodal segment in view of the EU plans for the “smart mobility” era: are we moving or daydreaming?
- Short sea shipping as a smart alternative to road freight. The benefits for European shippers.
- Effective tools for attraction of new cargos for river transportation.
- Blockchain in logistics: inevitable future or just a dream.
24. May 2018
Phone: +38 063 408 23 24
- The new Port of Hamburg Magazine is here!
The first issue of 2021 is all about green logistics: How does a container terminal become climate-neutral? How can carbon dioxide emissions be reduced in the port? Are there any measures that companies in the transport sector are taking to make logistics ‘greener‘? These and other exciting topics await you in the Port of Hamburg's official magazine.more