Aurubis produces high-purity, high-quality copper from copper concentrates and recycling materials and processes it further into primary products. Copper scrap and various other recycling materials are thus returned to the economic cycle. Arubis produces more than 1 million tonnes of marketable copper cathodes per year. They are processed in the plant into continuous cast wire rod, special wire, continuous cast shapes, rolled products, strips and profiles made of copper and copper alloys. In addition, they produce precious metals such as gold and silver and a number of other products such as sulphuric acid and iron silicate as by-products of copper production.
Facts & Figures
Aurubis was founded as a stock corporation in 1866. Following its IPO in 1998 and national mergers and international expansions in the years thereafter, Aurubis is now an international group with about 7,200 employees at production sites in Europe and the US, as well as an extensive service and distribution system in Europe, Asia, and North America.
Aurubis shares belong to the Prime Standard segment of the German Stock Exchange and are listed in the MDAX and the Global Challenges Index (GCX).
- 1866 Founding of the company as Norddeutsche Affinerie Aktiengesellschaft in Hamburg, Germany
- More than 7,200 employees in over 20 countries on three continents
- Annual output of about 1.7 million tonnes of copper products
- 600 million EUR have been invested in environmental protection measures at Aurubis since 2000
- Arubis’ copper cathodes contain at least 99.99 % copper
Vessel movements at the terminal