With the AlbatrosExpress "Always on a greener track"
Sustainable economic development has become a component of our life nowadays, with consumers willing to pay a higher price for ecological production methods. As a result an increasing number of companies are accelerating their endeavours to set up a 'green supply chain'. At present companies are working on possibilities to examine the entire supply chain in order to find out where corporate carbon footprints arise, how their products and services contribute to these carbon footprints and how these footprints behave in the face of standards that have already been put in place.
When it comes to 'green logistics', TFG Tranfracht, as a logistics service company, is setting a good example. TFG counts on rail connections and cuts its carbon footprint by 80 % against road transport, thus making a sustainable contribution to environmental protection. Even when transporting freight on the 'final mile' by lorry, TFG supports climate protection by using only low-polluting, noise-reducing, energy-saving vehicles.
Container traffic free of CO2 with Eco Plus
DB Intermodal makes it possible for TFG to buy regenerative electricity for its rail transports on a continuous level. The electricity that is fed into the grid from regenerative energy sources (wind, sun and water) does not give rise to any CO2 emissions, unlike with compensatory measures.
The most important facts about Eco Plus
- 100 % CO2-free rail transport
- 100 % use of regenerative energy sources
- Certified by TÜV Süd
- No compensation for emissions with certificates; instead real purchase of renewable energies
- The purchase of additional green electricity with Eco Plus promotes the increase of regenerative energies
- Eco Plus is available for all German routes - routes in Austria and Switzerland available upon request
Pfone: +49 40 361305-734